FEMA provides really valuable Tests and Exercises. There are many different exams under their different programs. Here we have studied and taught our students in order to train them. All answers are sourced and many different professionals have helped to find the best answers.
About FEMA IS-15.B: Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies
FEMA IS-15.B: Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies Answers has 20 questions. These Questions are given below. Learning is free and so is this page. We recommend studying well and practicing and check the answers in case you get stuck in a doubt.
1. Which position is responsible for establishing incident objectives, strategies, and priorities and has overall responsibility for managing an incident.
Event Planning Team
Operations Section Chief
Planning Section Chief
2. Having a pre-event emergency plan in place will help:
Reduce response times for first-response agencies.
Increase revenue to the community by attracting out-of-town spectators.
Sell an unpopular event to the community.
The promoter or sponsor avoid paying for local emergency services.
3. A multidisciplinary planning team should be composed of the promoter or sponsor and all:
Members of nongovernmental organizations that might be interested in the event.
Agencies that hold a stake in the event.
Vendors who wish to participate in the event.
Community groups that may be affected by the event.
4. One of the many advantages of using a team approach to planning for special events is:
Response agencies can agree on whether or not the event requires the use of an ICS structure.
Public safety agencies can unite to oppose the event.
Professional relationships developed during planning translate into better cooperation during emergencies.
More people become aware of the promoter’s or sponsor’s intent and can determine whether a bond is necessary.
5. The use of ___________________________ is/are a good way to protect the bases of temporary structures from damage by vehicular traffic.
Orange snow fencing
Yellow safety tape
6. A special events hazard analysis should include analysis of:
Special and unique hazards inherent in the event.
Police staffing that is typical on that day of the week.
Resources available through the State.
Mutual aid agreements that are in place.
7. If additional response resources are thought to be required for an incident at a special event, a good option for obtaining those resources is to:
Purchase the needed resources.
Obtain the resources through a DHS grant.
Request the resources from the State.
Develop mutual aid and assistance agreements with neighboring communities.
8. A special event:
• Is nonroutine.
• Places a strain on community resources.
• May involve a large number of people.
Requires special permits or additional planning, preparation, and mitigation.
Draws participants from outside the jurisdiction.
Brings a large amount of revenue to the jurisdiction.
Includes large numbers of vendors.
9. One way for special event planners to gather information about event specifics is to require the promoter or sponsor to:
Provide testimonials from other venues.
Survey potential event participants.
Post a bond.
10. The Public Information Officer, the Safety Officer, and the Liaison Officer are all part of the:
11. To help reunite lost children with their parents or guardians, event planners should:
Announce the names of lost children at the end of the event.
Hire security personnel to look for lost children.
Designate “meet me” locations throughout the site.
Require children to be restrained by hand-holding or in strollers.
12. Whether you are handling a routine emergency, organizing for a special event, or managing the response to a
major disaster, the five major management functions that must be covered are:
13. Because each special event is somewhat different from others, a hazard analysis should be conducted prior to each event.
14. Planners should assign ___________________ to events that are expected to draw very large crowds and impact mobility throughout the community.
A motorcycle squad
A traffic management group
Volunteer traffic controllers
15. Because ___________________________ provide a less confrontational security presence, this technique has been effective with young audiences.
Peer security personnel
Younger uniformed police officers
Private security guards
Plain-clothes security guards
16. One reason for developing contingency plans for permit-approved special events is to:
Prepare for events that may not run as planned.
Determine if the event is too risky to approve.
Ensure that nothing out of the ordinary occurs.
Evaluate high-risk, high-impact events more thoroughly.
17. When assessing food safety measures at a special event, the planning team should consider the vendor compliance with appropriate State and local regulations related to food preparation, handling, distribution, and storing of food.
18. At its initial meeting, the planning team should:
• Develop a mission statement.
• Develop the event objectives.
Determine where the Incident Command Post will be located.
Determine the necessary components of the public safety plan.
Determine whether the event will require that a curfew be imposed.
Determine how many resources will be required to respond to incidents related to the event.
19. A rock festival has been planned for this weeken
The promoter and sponsor have been advertising the festival
for weeks. On the day before the event, large crowds of teens and young adults swarmed into the are
Many spent the night drinking and using drugs. By the morning of the event, several fights had already broken out between competing local gangs. The Mayor and City Council want to cancel the festival, but the sponsor is balking. Which statement below describes the preferable way to deal with such an event?
Private security guards should have negotiated with the gangs.
A barrier should have been erected to separate the gang members.
The Mayor and City Council should have taken control and canceled the event.
Agreement on who could cancel the event should have been reached during event planning.
20. A national organization has been issued a permit to demonstrate at the State capitol building. An opposing
group has threatened to turn out to disrupt the demonstration. Public safety officials are concerned that the
demonstration may turn violent. What should they do?
Develop contingency plans to address the potentially violent situation.
Forbid the opposing group from demonstrating.
Activate the National Guard.
Revoke the organization’s demonstration permit.
21. The placement of launch pads for pyrotechnic displays must anticipate the:
Level of audience control.
Desirability of ground displays.
Prevailing wind direction and strength.
Time of year.
22. User Pays policies are intended to:
Offset the costs of public services at special events.
Cover overtime costs for event staff employed by the promoter or sponsor.
Discourage the promoters from making excessive profits.
Transfer the costs of the event to the public safety agencies.
23. ___________________________ is a main factor in determining stage configuration.
The necessity to erect temporary platforms
Whether temporary seating will be used
Expected crowd behavior
Whether the venue has a temporary or permanent stage
24. Crowds are complex social structures that can assume roles that are different from the personalities of the individuals. Those who provide verbal support for crowd leaders are called:
The active core.
25. Spontaneous events present unique difficulties to public safety personnel because they offer no warning.
26. One area of great concern in special events planning is the physical setup of the event. Both temporary and permanents structures must comply with:
The planning team’s safety recommendations.
Local building codes.
Items pointed out during inspection.
The Job Aid Manual included in this course.
27. Sponsors of organized auto races conducted by professional racing organizations at permanent facilities typically have sophisticated contingency plans available.
28. Hampton is a rural community in the Midwest. The local high school football team has just won the State championship. The team has never won a championship in any sport before. The community is sponsoring a parade to celebrate the win. Thousands of people are expected to turn out for the event, including many from surrounding communities. There isn’t much time to plan the parade, and the Mayor is concerned about whether Hampton’s four-person police department can manage traffic and control the anticipated crowd.
Is this event a special event?
29. The purpose of public safety special event planning is to:
Increase the budget for public service agencies.
Bring more events to the community.
Ensure a successful event for the promoter or sponsor.
Plan for incidents that might impact or result from the event.
FEMA IS-15.B: Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies Answers Completed
This was all about FEMA IS-15.B: Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies Answers Exam. All the answers are correct.
Please comment on any issues. We hope you’ll find more valuable answers to your Queries
- FEMA IS 215: Unified Federal Review Advisor Training: An Overview of the UFR Process Answers - February 4, 2023
- FEMA IS 2500: National Prevention Framework, an Introduction Answers - February 3, 2023
- FEMA IS 75: Military Resources in Emergency Management Answers - February 3, 2023