FEMA provides really valuable Tests and Exercises. There are many different exams under their different programs. Here we have studied and taught our students in order to train them. All answers are sourced and many different professionals have helped to find the best answers.
About FEMA IS 240.B: Leadership and Influence
FEMA IS 240.B: Leadership and Influence Answers has 14 questions. These Questions are given below. Learning is free and so is this page. We recommend studying well and practicing and check the answers in case you get stuck in a doubt.
1. Which of the following actions is likely to reduce trust?
Be willing to be wrong.
Cut off new ideas if they differ from yours.
Develop systems for staff to evaluate supervisors and managers.
Provide coaching whenever you see an employee in need of help.
2. You are leading and influencing when you are doing all of the following EXCEPT:
Inviting other members of the emergency management team to discuss common goals.
Telling them that it is your way or not at all.
Encouraging someone else to assume the leadership role in the group.
Using a meeting as an opportunity to really “listen” to others in the meeting.
3. Most leaders find that increased self-knowledge helps them leverage their strengths and increase their self-confidence.
4. People are more likely to “buy in” to an organization’s strategy if:
Compliance is mandate
The strategy is presented to them by the head of the organization.
The leaders tell them it’s a good thing.
They participate in defining their role in the strategy.
5. People with political savvy make decisions that:
Primarily further their own interests.
Balance self-interest and organizational interest.
Are designed to demonstrate their organizational clout.
Don’t expose their true position on controversial ideas.
6. When discussing and generating ideas with team members, you should:
Begin with a few minutes of inquiry, then move immediately to advocacy.
Confine the discussion to generalities and avoid any decisions.
Begin by laying out a rational argument for your ideas, then ask for comments.
Spend time learning from each other without evaluating ideas, then move to discussion.
7. Being an ally involves reciprocity, which means:
Getting back at someone when they breach your trust.
Creating a web of good will that will be there when you need it.
Making deals behind the scenes.
8. Demonstrating conviction, courage, compassion, and care for the community can:
Raise obstacles to constructive interpersonal influence.
Reduce your capacity to trust others.
Help build a climate of trust.
Make you vulnerable to your detractor
9. Which of the following is NOT an example of a trust-building behavior?
Withholding deserved recognition at times when you are feeling underrecognize
Sharing credit generously.
Airing concerns with stakeholders when you’re unsure about committing resources.
Communicating anticipated slippage as soon as you suspect it.
10. Coaching is convincing people of their own ability to do the jo
11. Which of the following is NOT an example of effective leadership?
Ask for feedback about your ideas or approaches.
Ensure that people understand how an imminent change will affect them.
Keep most information to yourself so you can use it as a bargaining chip.
Show that you can be relied on to keep confidences.
12. Leadership involves providing ______, direction, coordination, and motivation toward achieving emergency management goals.
13. Lack of leadership in emergency management can result loss of public trust, property or even lives.
14. Acknowledging a mistake publicly is:
4 A sign of a weak leader.
One way to restore trust.
A last resort when you can’t put a better spin on it.
An example of career suicide.
15. Someone working out of the Leader paradigm is likely to:
Listen to others and advocate their own position.
Point out that individual needs are not a vital concern at this time.
Stay “invisible” so people can work through their fears.
Keep a lid on the situation by controlling open discussion.
16. The first stage of the change process should be:
Planning and implementing the change.
Defining and promoting the change.
Maintaining the change.
Engaging people in the change.
17. In emergency management, you must focus solely on building trust with those above you in the organization.
18. Creating an implementation plan, implementing the change, and monitoring the impact of the change are important parts of:
Dealing with disgruntled employees
The change process
Personal response to change
The Ladder of Inference
19. Your ability to influence others is also enhanced by effective ______________ skills.
20. When soliciting authentic feedback as a means of increasing self-knowledge, you should:
Defend yourself on each point that is raise
Restate the feedback and ask follow-up questions.
Be sure that the feedback session is part of a formal process.
Avoid making suggested changes for the first year.
21. Effective delegation involves:
Identifying the appropriate person for the task.
Determining that all credit goes to the team leader.
Ensuring all tasks are equally distribute
Guaranteeing all employees have a chance to do the same task.
22. Seeing people who resist you as adversaries is part of an alliance mindset.
23. Delegating and mentoring are examples of:
Developing an alliance mindset.
Strategies for developing leaders.
24. Which of the following would be an effective approach for encouraging authentic feedback?
Ask for feedback only when you are open to hearing it.
only in formal situations, so employees understand the importance of the feedback.
In the beginning, ask for feedback each time you see the person.
Defend yourself if you disagree with criticisms you receive.
25. During the advocacy phase of a discussion, you should:
“Sell” your idea or position.
Challenge others’ ideas to generate debate.
Adopt a win/lose mindset to better control the discussion.
Set discussion ground rules based on role and status.
FEMA IS 240.B: Leadership and Influence Answers Completed
This was all about FEMA IS 240.B: Leadership and Influence Answers Exam. All the answers are correct.
Please comment on any issues. We hope you’ll find more valuable answers to your Queries
- True or False? A website’s design is solely about looks. - June 2, 2023
- Consider the equilibrium below. - May 25, 2023
- Which statement explains why ammonia can act as a Lewis base? - May 25, 2023