FEMA provides really valuable Tests and Exercises. There are many different exams under their different programs. Here we have studied and taught our students in order to train them. All answers are sourced and many different professionals have helped to find the best answers.
About FEMA IS 241.a: Decision Making and Problem Solving
FEMA IS 241.a: Decision Making and Problem Solving Answers has 25 questions. These Questions are given below. Learning is free and so is this page. We recommend studying well and practicing and check the answers in case you get stuck in a doubt.
1. Ethics includes all of the following concepts except:
Respect for others
2. The bias in the thinking function is toward:
3. All of the following are at stake in making an ethical decision except:
Your personal reputation
The public’s trust in local government
An effective outcome
Your organization’s reputation
4. Which of the following shows a flexible decision-making approach?
Calling in an outside mediator
Suspending judgment to see the points of view of others
Forcing parties in a conflict to relinquish authority
Sticking to your own dominant decision-making style
5. Step 5, Evaluate the Situation, involves which one of the following sub-steps?
Delineating problem parameters
6. In the personality profile you took online, which is one set of functions considered for decision-making style?
Sensing or evaluating
Judging or perceiving
Thinking or feeling
Extraversion or introversion
7. Decision making should begin before an emergency for all of the following reasons except:
To obtain buy-in from stakeholders
To establish line of responsibility
8. People take in information by:
Thinking or feeling
Sensing or intuition
9. If limited time is a factor in decision making, it is preferable to have a/an _________ make the decision.
10. The third step in the problem-solving model is:
Select an alternative.
Evaluate the situation.
Implement the solution.
11. Which is an attribute of an effective decision maker who seeks pertinent data? They avoid getting bogged down by extraneous facts and figures.
12. Criteria for evaluating alternative solutions includes all of the following except:
13. Which of the following pre-disaster decision information would not be included in an Emergency Operations Plan?
Amount of donated goods
Locations for mass care shelters
Who is responsible for what (organization)
14. Which is an attribute of an effective decision maker who knows their own abilities, biases, and limitations?
15. Which of the following is not an impediment to decision making in a crisis?
Conflicting political agendas
Perceived or real time pressure
An action plan
Lack of information
16. Allowing citizens to shelter in place during a major hurricane creates:
17. All of the following statements are true about a consensus decision except:
Win/lose techniques such as voting are used to achieve a decision.
Everyone feels that he or she was listened to.
Everyone supports the decision.
Every group member’s view is considered.
18. One cause of ‘groupthink’ is:
Lack of power
Pressure toward conformity
19. Another name for ethical competency is:
20. Which is an attribute of an effective decision-maker who assumes responsibility for beginning the decision-making process and seeing it through? They take an active part in making things better.
21. Decision making is best done _______________ an emergency.
22. Which is an attribute of an effective decision maker whose sound decisions will not always result from merely following procedures? These decision makers must weigh factors particular to the situation
23. The critical first outcome in the problem-solving process is:
A definition of the scope of the issue.
A clearly identified problem statement.
A challenge that embodies an undesirable situation.
A well-analyzed solution.
24. Which is an attribute of an effective decision maker who considers current conditions and takes advantage of opportunities that exist at the time?
25. The intuition function asks which question when making a decision?
‘How does this decision affect those involved?’
‘What are the patterns and possible interpretations?’
‘What are the pros and cons, causes and effects?’
‘What are the facts, costs, and benefits?’
FEMA IS 241.a: Decision Making and Problem Solving Answers Completed
This was all about FEMA IS 241.a: Decision Making and Problem Solving Answers Exam. All the answers are correct.
Please comment on any issues. We hope you’ll find more valuable answers to your Queries
- Campbell Company has a subsidiary located in Jamaica. The subsidiary has generated losses for the last five years and is expected to generate losses for the next ten years. Campbell is reluctant to divest of this subsidiary, however. Given this information, Campbell would ____ from a(n) ____ of the Jamaican dollar. - March 20, 2023
- If an object moves with constant velocity, what is the net work being done on it? - March 20, 2023
- The prisoner attempted to (disavow, dissipate) his confession on the grounds that he had not been informed of his legal rights. - March 20, 2023