FEMA provides really valuable Tests and Exercises. There are many different exams under their different programs. Here we have studied and taught our students in order to train them. All answers are sourced and many different professionals have helped to find the best answers.
About FEMA IS 293: Mission Assignment Overview
FEMA IS 293: Mission Assignment Overview Answers has 14 questions. These Questions are given below. Learning is free and so is this page. We recommend studying well and practicing and check the answers in case you get stuck in a doubt.
1. The FEMA Project Manager works with the other Federal agency (OFA) Action Officer to:
Develop the Statement of Work.
Determine which Emergency Support Functions will be activated.
Prepare bills for reimbursement after completion of work.
Designate a Mission Assignment Manager.
2. When the Joint Field Office closes, which of the following activities takes place?
FEMA Finance Center staff transfer unliquidated obligations to the State.
Finance and Administration Section Chief conducts an audit to determine the final payment amount.
FEMA field staff transition all MA records to Regional Office staff.
The State Approving Official negotiates the cost-share agreement based on work completed.
3. Who is responsible for reviewing OFA requests for reimbursement, performing MA reimbursement, and helping with financial closeout functions?
State Approving Official
OFA Finance specialists
FEMA Finance Center staff
DHS Chief Financial Officer
4. Which type of Mission Assignment (MA) may be subject to cost-share provisions, normally 75% Federal share and 25% State share?
Federal Operations Support (FOS)
Technical Assistance (TA)
Other Federal Support (OFS)
Direct Federal Assistance (DFA)
5. 11.Review of the Action Request Form by the Operations Section Chief may result in the request being filled through a variety of means, EXCEPT:
Through OFA statutory authority.
By FEMA Logistics with existing resources.
Through procurement with non-disaster funds.
By Public Assistance grants.
6. Mission Assignments are:
Grants given to FEMA and other Federal agencies to conduct emergency work.
Work orders issued by FEMA to another Federal agency.
Declarations that provide up to $5 million in Federal assistance.
Contracts directing Federal agencies to conduct response, recovery, and mitigation activities.
7. Mission Assignment Task Orders:
Are generally used to provide specifics for a broad Statement of Work.
Include a not-to-exceed cost estimate from the primary agency to the subtasked agency.
Combine multiple Mission Assignments into a single Statement of Work.
Can be issued to a support agency when the primary agency determines they need additional support.
8. A new Mission Assignment must be issued for changes in ______________.
Statement of Work.
State cost share.
FEMA Project Manager.
9. 14.Which of the following statements on Mission Assignments is CORRECT?
The Federal Government may request a Federal Operations Support MA.
Technical Assistance MAs allow one State to provide expert advice to another State.
The assigned OFA Action Officer may approve and obligate funds for a Direct Federal Assistance MA.
Mission Assignments may be used for long-term recovery activities.
10. Pre-Scripted Mission Assignments:
Cannot be modified by the primary agency of an Emergency Support Function.
Are automatically issued in certain types of disasters.
Contain a Statement of Work and projected cost estimates.
Assign tasks to another Federal agency that are within that agency’s statutory authority.
11. The Operations Sections Chief reviews the Action Request Form to ensure that the request:
Describes permanent work.
Is beyond State/local capabilities.
Contains a State cost-share agreement.
Has been entered in the Action Tracker Log.
12. Which of the following personnel MUST sign off in the approval chain for a Direct Federal Assistance Mission Assignment?
Operations Section Chief
Logistics Section Chief
State Approving Official
13. Which of the following costs is eligible for reimbursement under a Mission Assignment?
Settlement costs resulting from disaster-related litigation
Estimated or advanced costs
Work performed under the agency’s own authority
Overtime for temporary staff
14. Which one of the following statements about Mission Assignment billing is CORRECT?
All subtasked agencies must bill FEMA directly.
Agencies may submit multiple bills against one Mission Assignment.
Agencies that use IPAC are exempt from the requirement to submit supporting documentation.
Agencies may combine costs for multiple Mission Assignments onto one bill for reimbursement.
FEMA IS 293: Mission Assignment Overview Answers Completed
This was all about FEMA IS 293: Mission Assignment Overview Answers Exam. All the answers are correct.
Please comment on any issues. We hope you’ll find more valuable answers to your Queries
- Which of the following activities constitutes engagement in research? - June 5, 2023
- According to Subpart D, research with children may be eligible for exemption when: - June 5, 2023
- A researcher discovers a fossil of what appears to be one of the oldest-known multicellular organisms. The researcher could estimate the age of this fossil based on __________. - June 5, 2023