College:- George Mason University
Location:- Arlington (urban), VA, US; Fairfax City-Fairfax County (suburban), VA, US; Front Royal (rural-exurban), VA, US; Prince William (suburban), VA, US; Songdo (urban IBD), Incheon (FEZ), South Korea.
Contact no. :- +17039931000
What GPA is required to get into George Mason University
George Mason University (Mason, GMU, or George Mason) is a public research university in Fairfax County near Fairfax City in Virginia.The university is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity”.It is particularly well known in the fields of economics and law and economics.
About the George Mason University
Mason operates four campuses in Virginia (Fairfax, Arlington, Front Royal, and Prince William), as well as a fifth campus in South Korea.George Mason University is ranked #143 in National Universities.
What is George Mason University’s acceptance rate?
Last year George Mason University’s acceptance rate was 68.87.
2016 2017 2018
Acceptance Rate 81.0 % 81.0 % 68.87 %
What GPA do you need to get into George Mason University?
Applicants require very good grades in high school to get into Mason. The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at George Mason University was 3.66 on the 4.0 scale indicating that primarily B+ students are accepted and ultimately attend.
The school ranks #7 in Virginia for highest average GPA. If your high school grades are above the average 3.66 GPA, you have a very good chance of being admitted as Mason accepts 81% of all applicants.
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to George Mason University?
George Mason University typically requires applicants to be in the top 37 percent of SAT test takers. The school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1120 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT’s as low as 1020.
The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1220 out of 1600. The school ranks #6 in Virginia for highest average SAT composite score.
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Mason?
Admission data indicates that Mason regularly accepts students with ACT’s of 24 and above. Successful applicants typically send ACT scores in the top 27 percent nationally. We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores around 21 in some instances.
Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 27 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants – and students with a 30 and above have very competitive chances. The school ranks #6 in Virginia for highest average ACT composite score.
Other Supporting Documents:
1)Certified/original high school transcripts.
2) Personal statement/essays Write an impressive essay that shows George Mason University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application.
3) Secondary school report and counsellor recommendation.Get teachers remarks that speaks to your character.
4) Students must also submit information regarding extra-curricular activities and community service participation. Volunteer in your hometown. Fairfax has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. George Mason University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school – they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Fairfax area in general.
5) Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Mason needs to see past your test scores and grades – they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores – your experiences should demonstrate that.
6) Apply Before the Deadline. Don’t wait till the last moment to apply , try to be as early as you can to increase your chances of getting admitted.
How hard is it to get into Mason and can I get accepted?
The school has a 81% acceptance rate ranking it #33 in Virginia for lowest rate of acceptance. Last year, 15,852 out of 19,557 applicants were admitted making George Mason University an easy school to get into with a very good chance of acceptance assuming you meet the requirements.
Academically, it has very high requirements for admission test scores, generally admitting students who score in the top 32 percent.
What grades do you need to get into GMU?
George Mason University typically accepts and attracts “B+” average high school students.
Does George Mason University prefer SAT or ACT?
71% of students submit their SAT scores to Mason. 9% of applicants send their ACT scores when applying.
Is George Mason University accredited?
Yes. George Mason University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Do students get scholarships at George Mason University?
At George Mason University, 55% of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $6,749.