College:- Drexel University
Location:- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Contact no. :- +12158952000
About Drexel University:-
Looking for a top tier University? Here’s one for you. Drexel University has always been regarded as a leading hotspot for research, but for the first time, it has been categorized by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as an R1 Doctoral University in its highest level.
Drexel University is a private research university with its main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. As of 2021, more than 24,000 students were enrolled in over 70 undergraduate programs and more than 100 master’s, doctoral, and professional programs at the university.
The 2008 edition ranks the University Engineering Program at #55 and in the 2009 US News Ranking, the university has moved up to the #52 position.In its 2021 rankings, U.S. News & World Report ranked Drexel tied for 133rd among national universities in the United States, tied for 23rd in the “Most Innovative Schools” category, 78th in “Best Value Schools”, and tied for 291 in “Top Performers on Social Mobility.
What GPA do you need to get into Drexel University?
Applicants require very good grades in high school to get into Drexel. The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at Drexel University was 3.6 on the 4.0 scale indicating that primarily B+ students are accepted and ultimately attend. The school ranks #17 in Pennsylvania for highest average GPA. If your high school grades are above the average 3.6 GPA, you have a very good chance of being admitted as Drexel accepts 77% of all applicants.
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to Drexel University?
Drexel University typically requires applicants to be in the top 29 percent of SAT test takers. The school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1170 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1280 out of 1600. The school ranks #10 in Pennsylvania for highest average SAT composite score.
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into Drexel?
Admission data indicates that Drexel regularly accepts students with ACT’s of 25 and above. Successful applicants typically send ACT scores in the top 22 percent nationally. We estimate the school accepting minimum ACT composite scores around 22 in some instances. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 28 or higher should be in the upper half of applicants – and students with a 30 and above have very competitive chances. The school ranks #12 in Pennsylvania for highest average ACT composite score.
Other Admission Requirements:-
What are the requirements for admission to Drexel University and what student information is used for admission decisions?
1) Join extracurriculars.Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Drexel University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
2) Volunteer in your hometown. Philadelphia has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Drexel University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school – they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Philadelphia area in general.
3) Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Drexel needs to see past your test scores and grades – they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community.
4) Two letters of recommendation are required. At least one must be completed by a school or college counselor. You should request recommendations through the Common Application or the Coalition Application.
5) Apply early. Don’t wait till the deadlines, as it may create chaos and limit your chances to get in.
How hard is it to get into Drexel and can I get accepted?
The school has a 77% acceptance rate ranking it #74 in Pennsylvania for lowest rate of acceptance. Last year, 23,267 out of 30,242 applicants were admitted making Drexel University an easy school to get into with a very good chance of acceptance assuming you meet the requirements. Academically, it has very high requirements for admission test scores, generally admitting students who score in the top 26 percent. Drexel University typically accepts and attracts “B+” average high school students.
Does Drexel University prefer SAT or ACT?
87% of students submit their SAT scores to Drexel. 26% of applicants send their ACT scores when applying.
Is Drexel University a good university?
Drexel University’s ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #133. Its tuition and fees are $56,238. Students at Drexel University can get a mix of in-class education and extensive on-the-job experience before graduation.
Does Drexel give full scholarships?
The Drexel Liberty Scholars program provides 50 full-tuition and -fees scholarships to low-income students who are residents of Philadelphia.